The public is hereby advised that under Technical Assistance from the World Bank, the Government of Samoa is developing a labour migration policy, under the guidance of a Steering Committee approved by Cabinet, comprising of the following :
– the CEO of the Ministry of Prime Minister and Cabinet (MPMC), Chairperson
– the CEO of the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Labour (MCIL), Deputy Chair
– the CEO of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade (MFAT), Deputy Chair
– the CEO of the Ministry of Education, Sports & Culture (MESC)
– the CEO of the Ministry of Women & Community Development (MWCD)
– the CEO, Samoa Qualifications Authority (SQA)
– Mr Manohar Sharma, World Bank Staff/Project Manager
– Ms Leitumai Malaulau, World Bank Staff Consultant
– Ms Hinauri Petana, World bank Staff Consultant
The Steering Committee proposes to hold two consultation workshops as advised below –
(i) Friday – December 19, 2014 at 10:00am at the Tooa Salamasina Hall, Sogi – Apia.
(ii) Late January 2015. The public will be advised on the details in due course.
These workshops will be based on a Consultation Paper approved by Cabinet, and can be accessed on the following websites:
The workshops will focus on the key issues raised in the Consultation Paper, and leading questions to guide discussion on relevant issues as they relate to Samoa’s role as a labour sending country as well as a labour receiving country.